Kaspersky Password Manager | Password Protection
Kaspersky Password Manager
Strong passwords are a vital part of your defenses against identity theft and cybercriminals that try to steal your data and your money… but how do you remember all those complex passwords – especially if you’re using a range of different devices to access the Internet?
Kaspersky Password Manager securely stores all your passwords and synchronizes them across your PCs, Macs, Android smartphones & tablets, iPhones and iPads. All you need to remember is one master password and Kaspersky Lab’s technologies take care of the rest… automatically inputting the relevant, individual password when you access your web and app accounts. It can also automatically fill in web forms – plus its password generator feature automatically creates strong passwords on your PC… for use on any of your devices.
- Secure Storage – all your passwords are stored in an encrypted vault… protected by a master password
- Access From Any Device – your passwords are synchronized across your PCs, Macs, tablets and smartphones
- Strong Passwords – can be automatically generated on your PC… for use on any supported device
- FREE Version – lets you manage up to fifteen account passwords and one identity card*
- Premium Version – lets you manage any number of account passwords and identity cards*
*An identity card can contain a range of personal information – including your name, address, date of birth, credit card details and more – to help enable automated completion of web forms, when you’re using your PC or Mac
Help Me Choose Tool Easy as 1. 2. 3.
Securely storing your passwords
All of your passwords and key information about your identity are stored in an encrypted vault – so it’s virtually impossible for your passwords to be hacked or stolen by cybercriminals or identity thieves:
- Your passwords and identity cards* can only be unlocked with a master password that only you know.
- Virtual Keyboard technology lets you securely enter your master password on your PC – so keyloggers can’t capture your master password.
*An identity card can contain a range of personal information – including your name, address, date of birth, credit card details and more – to help enable automated completion of web forms, when you’re using your PC or Mac.
Synchronizing your passwords across multiple devices
Whether you’re at home using your PC or Mac, or you’re out and about using your tablet or smartphone, you can easily and rapidly access your passwords for your favorite websites and apps:
- All your passwords and identity cards are synchronized across all your devices – Windows PCs, Macs, Android smartphones & tablets, iPhones and iPads.
- Whenever you open Kaspersky Password Manager, the very latest versions of all your stored account passwords and identity information will be available.
Simplifying ‘sign in’ for websites and apps
Because Kaspersky Password Manager stores and manages all your usernames – and their associated passwords – it’s easier to sign into your favorite websites and apps when you return to them:
- You don’t need to remember all your different passwords for every website and app – and you won’t have to keep sending ‘I forgot my password’ messages to your favorite websites.
Generating strong passwords – via your PC
When a user relies on simple, easy-to-remember passwords, it’s all too easy for hackers to work out what those passwords are and gain access to accounts and apps. Similarly, using the same passwords for multiple accounts makes it easier for cybercriminals to access all your accounts. That’s why Kaspersky Password Manager:
- Automatically creates strong, individual passwords on your PC… for each web and app account. You can then use these strong passwords on any of your supported devices.
Saving you time filling in online forms – on your PC or your Mac
You only need to enter information into an identity card once… and then every time any of that data needs to be added to a form on the Web, Kaspersky Password Manager will automatically complete the relevant sections of the form:
- Identity cards include fields for personal, financial and business information – including name, date of birth, address and more – and they’re securely stored in an encrypted vault.
Providing FREE, secure storage for up to 15 passwords
Kaspersky Password Manager gives you a choice of FREE or premium versions. The FREE version lets you manage:
- Fifteen passwords for web accounts and / or app accounts
- One identity card that contains your personal information
If you need to manage more than fifteen passwords and / or more than one identity card, simply purchase the premium version of Kaspersky Password Manager and you’ll be able to store and use an unlimited number of passwords and identity cards.
Secure storage – helps protect your digital identity
Kaspersky Password Manager stores passwords, identity data and more:
Easy access to websites
Web credentials – logins and passwords – that are necessary to gain access to specific websites and online accounts are securely stored:
- Whenever you use your PC or Mac to revisit a favorite website, Kaspersky Password Manager can automatically input the necessary login information.
- When you’re using a mobile device to revisit a website, the necessary credentials will be automatically entered when you browse saved web pages or accounts via the Kaspersky Password Manager program.
Easy access to apps
Kaspersky Password Manager also works with popular apps that require logins and passwords – so you don’t have to remember every username and password to access different apps.
Storing your identity
Kaspersky Password Manager stores your identity information in a convenient format:
- Your identity card may include your full name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number, country of residence, credit card details, bank account number… and more.
Creating and saving notes
On Windows PCs, you can:
- Store notes within pre-designed templates – such as forms for software licenses, credit cards, passport details, driver’s license information and more
- Create and store free-form notes
On Macs and mobile devices, you can create and store free-form notes.
Management of passwords and personal data – saves you time and eliminates errors
Automated features make it even easier to maintain security when you’re accessing websites and apps:
Synchronizes passwords and data across all devices
Kaspersky Password Manager can synchronize all your passwords and personal data across your Windows PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet:
- Every time you launch Kaspersky Password Manager or add new records, the program automatically synchronizes* all passwords and personal data and delivers all updates to each device.
- You can easily view, create, change and delete accounts, identities and your secure notes / memos on every device.
- Synchronization helps to ensure you can access passwords and personal information… and automatically log into your favorite websites and apps directly from whichever device you’re using**.
*The synchronization of passwords and data requires an Internet connection.
**When using a mobile device, the auto-login feature is accessible from Kaspersky Password Manager’s interface.
Automatically imports passwords from browsers and apps
When you first launch Kaspersky Password Manager on your PC or Mac, it automatically imports all your logins and passwords from the web browser:
- Other logins and passwords can be added manually at any time.
Auto-login to websites
- On Macs and Windows PCs, Kaspersky Password Manager automatically logs you into your accounts – without you having to type your login details.
- When using a mobile device – and browsing within Kaspersky Password Manager – the program will automatically log you into your account*. All you have to do is ‘tap’ on the account you want to open.
**If you open a web browser on your mobile device – outside the Kaspersky Password Manager program – your credentials won’t be automatically entered and you won’t be invited to save any new credentials.
Auto-login to apps
- On Macs and Windows PCs, Kaspersky Password Manager automatically logs you into your app accounts – without you having to type your login details.
- On mobile devices, instead of providing an auto-login, Kaspersky Password Manager will give you a convenient reminder of your login and password*.
**For mobile devices, the program will not automatically log you into your app accounts. If you open a new app, your credentials – i.e. login and password – won’t be automatically entered and you won’t be invited to save any new credentials.
Automatically fills in forms on websites*
If you’re accessing a website on your PC or Mac and the site needs you to complete a form – for example, if you’re registering a new account, providing payment details or checking in for a flight – Kaspersky Password Manager will automatically fill in the form, using the personal data that’s already stored in your identity card.
- The free version of the program lets you create one identity card**. The premium version allows the creation of an unlimited number of identity cards – so you can store business and personal information separately.
*Automatic form filling is available for Macs and Windows PCs. For mobile devices, the program will let you view all of the data on the identity card – so you can complete the form manually.
**An identity card can contain a range of personal information – including your name, address, date of birth, credit card details and more – to help enable automated completion of web forms, when you’re using your PC or Mac.
Quick launch button – for PCs and Macs
The quick launch button makes it even easier to manage passwords directly from a website or app – giving you convenient access to the following options:
- Fast search and access to the relevant website or app account
- Selection and activation of the relevant identity card – to complete a web form
- Quick addition of new passwords or data
Remote license management
Kaspersky Protection Center lets you remotely monitor and manage your Kaspersky Password Manager license. Just sign into the Kaspersky Protection Center and you can:
- See a list of all your devices that have Kaspersky Password Manager installed (provided they’re connected to Kaspersky Protection Center)
- Remotely manage your Kaspersky Password Manager license – to buy or renew the premium version of the program
- View information about your license – including when it was activated, when it will expire… and more
Kaspersky Protection Center also provides an easy way to access and manage many other Kaspersky security solutions and services.*
*Some Kaspersky products are not currently compatible with Kaspersky Protection Center.
High-level protection – to add to your defenses
Kaspersky Password Manager provides several layers of innovative security features – to help keep your passwords and identity secure:
Instead of having to remember all of your different passwords, Kaspersky Password Manager means you only have to remember your master password… and Kaspersky Password Manager will automatically access and use all of the passwords and identity data that are securely stored in your encrypted vault:
- Kaspersky Password Manager doesn’t store the master password in your local or online vault – but it’s the only password that you’ll need to remember.
Because cybercriminals use keylogger programs to steal passwords and other information – by recording which keys you press on your computer keyboard – Kaspersky Password Manager includes Virtual Keyboard technology for PCs:
- Virtual Keyboard lets you use mouse clicks – instead of your keyboard – to enter your master password… so keyloggers can’t access your master password.
Encryption of passwords and data
When passwords are automatically saved by your web browser, those passwords may be stored in an unencrypted form – which makes it easier for cybercriminals to access them. Kaspersky Password Manager stores all passwords and other personal information in a secure, encrypted database on your computer or mobile device:
- The encrypted database can only be decrypted by using your master password – so it prevents your information from being stolen by cybercriminals.
Kaspersky Password Manager includes a special, strong password generator that runs on Windows PCs – to help you to create strong passwords that are difficult for cybercriminals to crack:
- Passwords that are automatically generated on your PC are saved and made available for use on all your supported devices.
- You can also see the history of passwords that have been created.
Intelligent design – so it’s simple to use and simple to update
When a program has a user interface that’s already familiar to you, it’s easier for you to use and manage:
For each device type – Windows PCs, Macs, Android smartphones & tablets, iPhones and iPads – Kaspersky Password Manager has individual interfaces to suit each platform… so the program has a familiar ‘look and feel’:
- The interfaces are intuitive to use and the main window provides quick access to all key options.
- You can create groups for different types of entries – such as passwords for social networks or email addresses, bank accounts, shopping websites… and more.
Whenever Kaspersky releases an upgrade for Kaspersky Password Manager – for any of the supported devices – the program will prompt you to install the latest version… and installation is quick and easy.
Minimum Hardware and Software requirements
To ensure the proper functioning of the application, your computer or mobile device should meet the following requirements:
For Windows PCs
|System and Hardware requirements:|
Metro style applications in Microsoft® Windows 8/8.1 are not supported, 64-bit (x64) applications are not supported
|For Mac OS X|
|Supported Web Browsers|