Upgrade Your Product
As a Kaspersky Lab customer, you may upgrade to our latest security software version at no cost, as long as you have time remaining on your existing license.
If you have a version of Kaspersky Internet Security, for example, with an active license, you can upgrade to the latest version of Internet Security.
Please note you cannot activate Kaspersky Internet Security with a Kaspersky Anti-Virus activation code, or vice versa.
For a smooth upgrade experience, be sure to check that you have:
- Your activation code handy. This can be found on your order email from our online Store, the back of the CD sleeve, or the Activation Card that is included in the DVD case. The code will be four sets of five characters and looks like XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- A high-speed Internet connection.
- A computer that meets the system requirements for the version you are installing:
- Download the latest version of your Kaspersky Lab program from our web site:
Kaspersky Lab Product Updates
Save the installation file to your computer in an easy-to-find spot like your Desktop or My Documents.
- Remove your currently installed Kaspersky Lab program.
How to Uninstall Kaspersky Software (video)
- Right-click on the Kaspersky K in the lower right corner of your screen and choose Exit.
- Then uninstall by going to Start > Programs > Kaspersky > Modify, Repair or Remove, and follow the wizard.
- Reboot your computer after the removal process completes.
- After Windows has restarted, locate the installation file you downloaded and double-click it.
Frequently Asked Questions about Upgrading Kaspersky Lab Software
Q: I cannot find my activation code. Where should I look for it?
A: Check the CD sleeve, inside your DVD case, or order email for the code. You can also check your My Kaspersky Account.
Q: My existing installation shows a License number. Can I use that to activate the new installation?
A: No, the license number is different from the activation code and cannot be used to activate. Please submit a case to Home Support with this info before removing your currently installed software.
Q: The new installation process is saying I have incompatible software. How can I remove it?
A: Use the removal tool for the incompatible program if you have already removed it in the Control Panel. Utilities and Tools page for links to removal tools to help clean out leftovers.